Thursday, January 27, 2011

Project 31. Day 6.

Day 6. Jaded beauty. Has the world's definition of beauty ever jaded you?

So, I sat here and stared at this question for quite a while. Jaded isn't exactly a foreign word, you hear it all the time. To me, Jaded always meant something similar to scorned, a chip on your shoulder, made bitter. That is typically the way jaded is used in our society. So I am staring at this question and wondering how I could ever be jaded by the world's deffinition of beauty. Like a puzzle piece, I kept trying to make past thoughts and feelings fit in the jaded spot.

Have I ever been disappointed that I am not as skinny as the world prefers? Sure. Jaded? Not so much. So with this, I wanted to be able to actually write on this topic so I visited dictionary.com to see what THEIR definition of jaded was. Perhaps I can take a different spin? I was surprised at what I found:


Looking at their definition, it doesn't carry near the heavy negative connotation as I felt that it did. So lets look at #2 here, as it would be the most fitting of our topic: worn out or wearied, as by overwork or overuse. I still don't think that I can ever say I was 'jaded' by the world's definition of beauty. Beauty is all about perception, confidence, and inner spirit. None of these things I have ever felt jaded about. I certainly do not give physical attributes enough weight in my worries to be considered wearied or worn out.

So... final answer: NO, I do not ever feel jaded by the world's definition of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment