Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Project 31. Day 5.

Day 5. Write a blog thanking someone who has made your heart come alive

To my sweet & precious love,

Since the day I first felt you move in my belly, I was overcome with a feeling I wasn't sure that I recognized. You continued to grow, and I began singing to you and telling you stories. I think you heard me. :)

We have been through so much my pretty baby. You came into this world with such a struggle on your tiny, little hands. From the moment I saw you, I recognized that feeling: true, unconditional, unaltered, deep-seeded love. It seems like the first year we fought, and fought hard together to get through one obstacle after another. But we made it.

I love you more than words can tell you, I want things for you even greater than I can know. You are intelligent, beautiful, happy, funny, witty, creative, and loving and I admire you in so many ways. I hope that I can guide you down the path of life and help you gain every glory and success your heart desires in this life.

The one thing you may not know, or ever know... is how completely, and utterly you changed not just my heart... but my soul. Before you I was lost and struggling to find myself and my purpose, and by just existing you pulled the blindfold off my eyes and revealed a beautiful, delightful world to me that I never knew existed around me before. In loving you, I was able to find me. Thank you, my Olivia. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing me real beauty and helping me to understand my heart and my soul. Thank you for making me want to be a better person for me as well as for you. Thank you for blessing each day.

Olivia full of Grace... I love you.

-Momma
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. sob sob sob sniffle sniffle. That was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Marg's...made me cry. She has been such a blessing to her momma's heart, as you have been to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Amanda!! Thanks for sharing!! xoxo Aunt Dawn

    ReplyDelete