Friday, January 21, 2011

Project 31. Day 1

Day 1: What does beauty mean to you?

Beauty comes in so many forms, shapes, and designs. Everything from mother nature… to your neighbor down the street. It is too easy to get wrapped up in daily tasks and ignore all the beauty that surrounds us every minute of every day. While I appreciate nature, it’s beauty is fairly obvious. People, on the other hand, do not get nearly enough credit. People are beautiful. To me, nothing is more beautiful than a person with a kind heart. So for this blog, I won’t give a single definition for beauty… instead I will share with you traits that I find beautiful, that I admire, and above all that I hope to possess.

  • Laughing without caring who hears you.
  • Smiling…just because it feels good.
  • Loving with your whole heart.
  • Rejoicing in your victories and accepting your failures.
  • Compassion.
  • Creating your environment, not letting it create you.
  • Respect and appreciation for everyone and everything around you.
  • Loving yourself just the way you are without needing someone else to.

So, what do you find most beautiful?

1 comment: