Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tip: Hard Boiled Eggs

I am 27 years old, and I love to cook all kinds of foods. However, one thing that seemed beyond me is, quite possibly, the simplest thing in the world: hard boiling eggs!

I never trusted that they would come out right so my theory was to boil the hell out of them. This often results in too firm yolks in the middle and even discoloration. I never minded too much, because it was better than raw! However, I recently learned a trick and I was impressed that it has evaded me all of these years. So... I thought I would share with you!

For the perfectly hard boiled egg:

1. Place the eggs in water and turn on the stove (Med High is good)
2. Wait for them to boil
3. When they boil, turn the burner off and cover the pot with the lid
4. Wait 10-12 minutes... then they are done!


Who knew? Probably you did.... but at any rate, I learned something new!

1 comment:

  1. and then put them in ice cold water for 5 min. and the shells peel right off!

    ReplyDelete