Thursday, April 14, 2011

Laundry VS Purex Complete Softener Crystals

For those of you that know me, I am fascinated by new household products. Kind of silly? Maybe so!

I don't know about you guys but I have always struggled with laundry softener. It seems I never have a washer that has a compartment for softener ... so what do I do? I tried the downy ball... it wasn't all bad although I sincerely question whether or not it releases at the right time. I also hate dryer sheets! I don't know why but they seem too waxy and over-chemically. Most recently though, I discovered the Tide dryer bar. The theory is you replace the bar every three months. This seemed to work great... although the smell left something to desire. However, over time the bar seemed to get nasty and it still seemed a bit too chemically.

Most recently I saw an ad for Purex Complete Softener Crystals and it made me want to try it! The theory here is there are crystals you pour in at the beginning of the wash when you do the soap. I'm assuming they slowly dissolve through the cycles. For those that care, Purex boasts that the crystals are 92% natural... whatever that means. They come in three scents: Fresh Spring Waters (blue), Lavender Blossom (purple), Tropical Splash (yellow). I like a clean scent and I have a man in the house so I chose the Fresh Spring Waters scent which is pretty good.

At any rate, after I used this I was hooked! Not only is the clean smell pleasant but I can actually SMELL it. Static is gone as well, which seems to be a large problem here in Colorado.

I recommend anyone that faces the softener dilemma like I do, to check it out! It cost me just under $4 at Walmart. Not bad!





3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I may have to give this a try, although giving up my Downey may be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try it too. I never use softener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat - Using softener makes your clothes last longer so the fibers dont get brittle. That and it makes them smell good and static free. :p

    ReplyDelete